Friday, August 20, 2010

Perusing the Truth

Last night I decided to face it.

I swallowed slowly as it lay before me on the table.  The journal from the road trip has been accessible, but I haven't opened it since my return over four months ago.  I remembered the sadness as I returned ~ feeling like I had failed coming home earlier than expected and with empty pockets.

Since I have begun to write my book, most of the contents has come from memories or a notation in my calendar.  It felt real.  It felt complete.  However last weekend was my "girls weekend" with my closest friends ~ the first time the three of us have been together without kids and events since my return.  We dove head first into our hearts as we ate fresh fruit and drank aged wines. 



Our gathering sparked the need to recall the stuff of the journey.  It was time to face the reality, the truth of the emotions that were were logged into my travel journal.

As the pages poured out their musings, I smiled.  The journey was not a failure at all, but the awakening of my soul. 

Ahhhhh.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... how poeticly written - beautiful post. Tahnks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes go back and read my journal and am awed at the words written that somehow were penned by me. Those entries can remind me how far I have come, even though I feel I am standing in the same place. Keep on keeping on, and you will find you have known your path all along. I know you can write your book! It is just a cup of coffee away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post Lisa. I cannot wait to read the book. This tone that you captured in this blog is amazing. For not calling yourself a "writer" you sure know how to write.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me.